Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Clay God Uses: Fidelis of Sigmaringen


Peace and Good! Today I am reminded about the true meaning of the word 'martyr:' witness. Fidelis worked hard for the unity of Christians, and would not compromise his adherence to the Catholic faith. What makes him a witness is that he was willing to die to defend that faith, but not to kill for it. Thus, he followed Jesus faithfully (his name means faithful). I would love to see us remove the name martyr from those who kill others and themselves in the name of God. But better, maybe we can pray to St. Fidelis to help us all resist the power of hatred while standing firm in favor of the power of God and the love Christ teaches us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey we have the same taste in art! I used the same pic on my post.

peace my friend
Frater